Statement of Faith
1. We accept the Old and New Testaments as the verbally inspired and inerrant Word of God and therefore our only infallible and authoritative rule of faith and practice.
2. We believe in the one true God who is the creator and sustainer of all things. God is revealed to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, three persons of the same essence and with distinct ministry.
3. We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the second person of the triune God, who became man by miracle of the virgin birth, and exists as one person, fully God and fully man. Though he never sinned, he died on the cross to bear the sin of the world. He arose from the grave, ascended into Heaven, and will return to resurrect his Church to eternal life, judge the unbelieving world, and establish his eternal kingdom.
4. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the third person of the triune God. He convicts the world concerning sin, righteousness and judgment. He regenerates, indwells and empowers all children of God through Jesus Christ.
5. We believe all people are by nature and choice sinful and separated from God with no possible means of saving themselves. We believe in salvation as the free gift of God received only by grace through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe in future life, bodily resurrection and eternal judgment.
6. We believe in the existence of Satan, the great adversary of God and His people. Defeated and judged at the cross, his final doom is certain. Followers of Jesus resist and overcome him by the blood of the Lamb and through the power of the Holy Spirit.
7. We believe that through Christ every believer has direct access into God’s presence and that the believer has the right and responsibility to personally study and interpret the Scriptures guided by the Holy Spirit.
8. We believe that marriage is sanctioned by God and delineated in Scripture as the joining of one man and one woman in a single, covenantal union.